Last modified: April 30, 2018
IntroductionGremln, Inc., doing business as Gremlin Social (“Company” “we” or “us”) respects your privacy and is committed to protecting it.
This policy describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit www.gremlinsocial.com (the “Website”). It also describes our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
This policy applies to information we collect:
- On the Website; and
- In email, text, and other electronic messages between you and the Website or us.
Information that We CollectThrough your use of the Website, you will submit information (collectively “Your Information”) to us including, but not limited to:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on the Website. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use the Website, such as your name, access credentials and email address;
- Information by which you may be personally identified, such as name, e-mail address, or any other information that the Website collects that is personal or personally identifiable (“Personal Information”);
- Information that you publish or display (“Post”) on public areas of the Website, or information that you transmit to other users of the Website or third parties (collectively “User Contributions”);
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us; and
- Information about your internet connection, the equipment you use to access the Website and usage details.
How We Collect Your Information
We collect Your Information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us or Post it through the Website; and
- Automatically through the use of automatic data collection technologies. and
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection TechnologiesAs you navigate through and interact with the Website, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, which may include Personal Information about you, including:
- Details of your visits to the Website, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website.
- Analytic information including but not limited to remarketing and use demographics;
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of the Website may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from, and on the Website. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies.
- Web Beacons. Pages of the Website and our e-mails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit us, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
- Google Analytics. Google Analytics Advertising Features may collect information including but not limited to remarketing and demographic information. You may opt-out of Google Analytics Advertising Features by changing the appropriate setting in the Ads Settings of your Google Account.
How We Use Your Information
We use Your Information, including any Personal Information:
- To present the Website and its contents to you;
- To provide you with information that you request from us;
- To provide you with notices about your account/subscription, including expiration and renewal notices;
- To notify you about changes to the Website or any products or services we offer or provide through it;
- To improve the Website;
- To notify you of activity on any forum you participate in;
- For any other purpose with your consent.
How We Use Information Collected Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies.We use information collected through Automatic Data Collection Technologies to help us improve the Website and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to estimate our audience size and usage patterns and recognize you when you return to the Website.
Disclosure of Your InformationWe may disclose your Personal Information as follows:
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business;
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of the Company’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by the Company about the Website users is among the assets transferred;
- To send you notifications regarding the Website;
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
Data SecurityWe have implemented measures designed to secure your Personal Information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers behind firewalls.
The safety and security of Your Information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to the Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee the security of your Personal Information transmitted to the Website. Any transmission of Personal Information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website.
Children Under the Age of 13The Website is offered and available to users who are 18 years of age or older. It is not intended for children under 13 years of age. No one under age 13 may provide any information to the Website. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.